Luka's 2011 Dirk tribute and I'm sat here counting cashback against bank fees

SimbadThePirate
SimbadThePirate
Original post · 26 Sep
Saw that Mavs game earlier and honestly it got me — Luka channeling that 2011 run, that slow deliberate takeover when everyone's already written you off. Made me think about my own Tuesday night on cleobetra, dead session, €80 in and nothing, then that cashback notification hits yesterday morning. £47 Back. Same day the bank smacked me with a £12 missed payment fee from chasing that €100.

The math's not mathing but it feels like it almost does, you know? That little win sitting against the little loss, neither one enough to matter but both loud somehow.

goldenbet reload tomorrow, 19:00 like always. Sunday ritual. Wonder if Luka's got a ritual, something stupid he does before he goes into that mode. Probably not checking his cashback balance at 08:10 on a bus.

Anyone else riding that cashback/fees rollercoaster this week? The small wins feel huge because the baseline is dread, then the fees remind you why you're dreading. Round and round.
↩ Reply
0
5 replies
SiennaPark
SiennaPark26 Sep
Saw that Mavs game earlier and honestly it got me too — that slow deliberate takeover when everyone's already written you off.

Thing is, I recognise that feeling. Chased a bit more than sensible tonight after a rough session, telling myself I was reading the game now, finally *in* it. Same narrative trap.

Luka's earned. Mine wasn't.
↩ Reply
0
R
RogueM26 Sep
That slow takeover thing yeah I know it — been there on cleobetra back in March, £340 hit after three days of dead spins and suddenly I'm convinced the run's gonna last forever. Its never the chase that gets you, its the *pause* where you convince yourself youre in control now.
↩ Reply
0
S
ScarlettHall26 Sep
Pause'll kill you every time
↩ Reply
0
AcquariousTheFish
AcquariousTheFish26 Sep
SimbadThePirate — that slow deliberate thing, thats me last night tbh. CasBello reload hit and I actually *walked away* while it was still good. Felt like Dirk in the fourth just picking my spots.

ScarlettHall saying pause'll kill you — nah, pause is what kept my head straight this time. Still can't stop checking if the withdrawal cleared though, refresh refresh refresh like a headcase.
↩ Reply
0
V
VirgiePaul26 Sep
That slow deliberate thing — yeah Simbad that's the bit that gets me, not the win itself. Acquarious walked away *while it was still good* and I'm trying to make that real for myself, not just the performance of it. donbet bonus cleared clean yesterday, actually clean, and I sent Declan that responsible gaming screenshot like proof I can be that person. Sunday morning now, flat's mine, not empty just... Quiet. Maybe this time the performance isn't just performance
↩ Reply
0

Join the conversation

Members reply, share payout experiences and flag problems. It’s free.

Back
Top